KULTAINER Mobile media studios for the countryside
PRIORITY: Development of innovative infrastructures in rural areas
FIELD OF ACTION: Structural and innovative strengthening of commitment and voluntary work in rural areas
IMPLEMENTATION SPACE: County of Landsberg am Lech
STAGES OF THE PROJECT
- Installation and equipment of four media stations
- Training of contributors, volunteers and helpers
- Deployment and start with workshops on “social storytelling”.
January 2, 2021 Kreisbote Kultur aus dem Kultainer
January 4, 2021 Landsberger Tagblatt [Artikel PDF]
Kultainer am Bahnhof in Geltendorf, April 2021
CONTENT AND TOPICS
Due to the restrictions imposed by the corona pandemic, our spaces are no longer usable and infrastructures have collapsed. Especially in villages and communities, there is a lack of appropriate contemporary places for digital, cultural participation.
In order to pass on our voluntary cultural work and experiences, we are developing a mobile, temporary and cultural base camp for the villages in our district, which is also “cool” and exciting for young people, but can also be a place for civil society participation and encounters for senior citizens. The “telling history” and “experiencing history” will be the first focus for this encounter and interaction of the generations.
This base camp will consist of four converted containers, which will be set up as a meeting place and media stations:
- VR, photo, film studio
- Recording and broadcasting studio
- Graphic studio
- Editorial office for online newspaper, podcast, and internet.
This enables us to carry out events, workshops, training courses, and projects with digital formats in a decentralized and independent manner and to establish new places of cultural encounter.
Through the open and flexible possibilities of use, it should be possible to use it to a special degree, even if contact restrictions apply.
OBJECTIVES DECEMBER 2020
- Opening of a cultural base camp with four KULTAINER (culture+container) as media station, social meeting point, and event rooms for projects, further education, and workshops
- Launch of socio-cultural youth formats with radio, an online newspaper, and podcasts in the middle of the respective locations in the middle of the village, municipality, or town
- Start of the training series “Social Storytelling” for children, young people, and senior citizens
- Participatory project work with the local actors and associations of the partners involved
- Integration and combination as an operative unit for the project of the digital learning, orientation, and exploration tool, the LandsbergHistoryApp, into which the media content is to be integrated.
The implementation period is from 25.11. to 31.12.2020.
Selected communities in the Landsberg am Lech district
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, CONCEPTION AND IDEA
EXPERT ADVICE AUDIO AND STUDIO TECHNOLOGY
Peter Oswald, Audiosolutions
Oliver Glück, Sound Team Premium Audio
COST OF THE PROJECT
The total cost of the project is € 119,691.
Of this, the association dieKunstBauStelle will cover around 24,000 € from donations and contributions from its partners.
The project is funded by the Deutschen Stiftung für Engagement und Ehrenamt (DSEE) with about € 95,752 and 80% from federal funds.
ARTICLES ABOUT THE PROJECT AND BLOG
The project is currently being realised.
#kultainer #dsee #dieKunstBauStelle #landsbergamlech #landsberghistoryapp